Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split A/C Systems
Posted: April 24, 2017
Many people choose window air conditioners if they don’t have the ductwork to support a central A/C unit. But there is an alternative to those loud, light- and view-robbing brutes: a ductless mini-split air conditioner.
A ductless system consists of two components – indoor air handlers and an outdoor condenser or heat pump – which connect through a small pipe in an external wall.
Ductless systems are extremely efficient, with many models having SEER ratings of 18 or more – well more than the legally required 14 rating and the 14 or 15 rating that most window units achieve.
But efficiency is just one mini-split advantage…you’ll also enjoy better:
- Placement options – Air handlers can be installed wherever you need them, creating flexible cooling zones in your home (a single condenser can handle up to four air handlers). Air handlers can be installed in rooms with no windows and sized to the cooling load of any room.
- Cost efficiency – Efficiency and zone cooling capability help reduce energy bills, while specials, rebates and tax breaks can take the edge off purchase costs.
- Air quality – A mini-split system uses no ductwork – and therefore avoids problems associated with accumulating and distributing mold and other microorganisms in your home.
- Ease of installation – Imagine never having to drag a heavy AC unit out of storage again! Ductless systems are easy to install: it typically takes about a day, with only a small (3”) pipe hole or two to show for the effort.
- Environmental performance – With a ductless system you’ll not only save energy, you’ll also use a more ozone-friendly refrigerant called R410A.
Contact Oehlert Bros. today to get a FREE estimate on a Fujitsu ductless mini-split air conditioner for your Limerick-area home today – and don’t forget to use your $100 A/C installation coupon!