What is Bioheat® Plus Heating Oil?
When you need Bioheat Plus heating oil, turn to Oehlert Bros.
When you use Oehlert Bros., you get much more than run-of-the-mill heating oil. Since 2007, we’ve been creating our own Bioheat Plus® heating oil blend on-site, using refined soybean oil.
Understanding the benefits of clean-burning Bioheat Plus heating oil
Bioheat Plus heating oil is a clean, green alternative to conventional No. 2 heating oil. Here’s an overview of just a few of the benefits of this fuel, which is making heating oil a leader in America’s clean-energy evolution, as we remain committed to achieving net-zero carbon dioxide emissions by 2050.
- Bioheat Plus heating oil is made with a blend of ultra-low-sulfur heating oil and biodiesel, which is a renewable, domestically produced energy resource. It is often made from the fatty acids found in soy, corn and other vegetable oils, but food is never wasted to produce it.
- Using Bioheat Plus heating oil requires NO modifications to or conversions of your current heating equipment.
- The use of Bioheat Plus heating oil drastically reduces carbon emissions and does not significantly increase energy costs.
Which fuel is better: Bioheat Plus heating oil or natural gas?
Fewer carbon emissions, less wear on your system, more actual heat produced—Bioheat Plus heating oil is the clear choice in this not-so-debatable debate. Take a look at the specifics:
- It’s cleaner burning. To call a fuel Bioheat Plus heating oil, it has to be a B5 to B20 blend (meaning between 5% and 20% biodiesel), and ours is a B20 blend. With this level of biodiesel, our fuel burns more cleanly than natural gas.
- It produces far fewer emissions. Over a 20-year period, the methane emissions produced by natural gas are nearly 82 times more destructive to the environment than carbon dioxide in that same time frame.
- It’s easier on your equipment. Since Bioheat Plus heating oil burns more cleanly than natural gas, it leaves fewer deposits on heat registers and subjects your equipment to far less wear and tear overall. For you, the customer, this means that you’ll see fewer breakdowns and you’ll need fewer repairs. And your system will last longer!
- It will keep you warmer. Bioheat Plus heating oil produces more Btu’s of heat than the same amount of natural gas.
Request a free tank inspection!
Turn to Oehlert Bros. for cleaner-burning Bioheat Plus heating oil for your eastern Pennsylvania home. Find out if you’re in our service area and become a customer today.