When is it Time to Replace the Boiler?
Posted: October 26, 2012
Visit our YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/OehlertBrosInc
Even with regular heating system maintenance, you may eventually need a boiler repair service or even a boiler replacement in order to maintain indoor comfort in your home. There are certain signs to look out for that indicate it’s time to consider replacing you heating and cooling equipment, or improving the performance of your overall system. If the following indicators are present it may be time to call a professional contractor to help you with your appliance.
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old. If it is consider replacing it with a unit that has earned the ENERGY STAR label. When installed correctly, these high efficiency units can save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs.
- Your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old. Think about replacing it with an ENERGY STAR qualified furnace, which is 15% more efficient than a conventional furnace. However, if you have a boiler, consider replacing it with an ENERGY STAR qualified boiler that is 5% more efficient than a new, standard model.
- Your equipment requires frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up.
- Your cooling or heating equipment is becoming less efficient.
- Certain rooms in your home are too hot or too cold. This may be the cause of improper equipment operation, duct problems or inadequate insulation.
- Your home has humidity problems. Poor equipment operation, inadequate equipment, and leaky ductwork can cause the air to be too dry in the winter or too humid in the summer.
- Your home has too much dust. This may be happening because the leaky ducts can pull particles and air from attics, crawl spaces and basements and distribute them throughout your house. Sealing your ducts may help minimize the dust around your home.
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy. This may be that you have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.