Ductless Mini-Splits: Upgrade Your Window A/Cs
With spring on our doorstep, it’s time to start thinking of warmer weather. For some of us, that means lugging big, heavy window air conditioners out of the basement or attic.
But just because there’s no ductwork in place in your Pennsylvania home doesn’t mean you have to settle for loud, ugly window air conditioners. Instead, you could install a ductless mini-split system.
Ductless systems are quieter, more efficient, and less obtrusive than window A/Cs. In fact, they even have some advantages compared to central air conditioners.
Here are some benefits a mini-split system brings to the table:
- Higher SEER ratings – Ductless systems are extremely efficient, with many models having SEER ratings of 18 or more – well more than the 14 or 15 rating of most window models.
- Better indoor air quality – In a central air system, your ductwork creates the perfect conditions for growing mold and other harmful microorganisms. Since a mini-split doesn’t need ductwork, it avoids those problems altogether.
- More flexible placement options – Mini-split air handlers (the indoor component in a ductless system) vary in size and can be installed in basements, attics, and even rooms with no windows to create flexible cooling zones in your home.
- Faster, easier installation – Installing a ductless system usually less than a day –and once it’s in, it’s in, unlike a window A/C that has to be removed and re-installed every year. With a mini-split, all you need is a wall and one or two 2- to 3-inch holes to connect the air handlers to the outdoor condenser.
- Greener performance – Not only is a mini-split much more efficient than a window A/C, it also typically uses a more ozone-friendly refrigerant (R410A) than a typical window unit. That means fewer toxins and fewer carbon emissions for every hour you run your unit.
You can even use mini-split air conditioners for supplemental cooling in a home that has central air – contact us to learn more.
Curious about ductless system installations in PA? Contact us today for a FREE estimate and learn how affordable one of these great Fujitsu ductless air conditioning systems can be!