What To Do On Heating Oil Delivery Day
Our heating oil delivery crews are hard at work every day bringing you the fuel you need to keep your family safe and warm – but on some days, especially during severe winter weather, we can really use your help.
Please keep our crews safe and able to get fuel to as many of our customers as possible by taking these five steps in advance of our arrival on delivery day – particularly during and in the aftermath of severe winter weather.
- Clear a path to your fill pipe – Snow, ice, branches, and other debris can block the path to your oil or propane tank, making it difficult for our crews to safely deliver your fuel. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your fill pipe clear so our team can reach it easy and safely.
- De-ice your driveway – If reaching your fill pipe requires our crew to use your driveway, please make sure it is shoveled and sanded or salted so they can navigate it safely, keeping in mind that our trucks are wider than your car.
- Unlock gates – If access to your tank requires our crew to enter through a gate, please make sure it is unlocked, or make sure someone is home to let our crew in.
- Keep pets under control – We want to deliver your heating oil, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secured on delivery day.
- Be accessible – Make sure an adult is reachable on delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person; If something unexpected happens that needs your immediate attention, our delivery team will need to contact you.
Thanks for helping the experts at Oehlert Bros. keep our customers safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time heating oil delivery in the Limerick, PA, and surrounding areas. Our drivers appreciate your consideration! Contact us today to join the Oehlert Bros. family.