Do Service Plans Really Save You Money?
Heating and cooling systems are big investments for any homeowner, and the most important way to protect those investments is to keep up with routine annual maintenance for your equipment.
The easiest way to do that? Choose a comprehensive Service Plan from a qualified HVAC contractor.
Benefits of service plans
Why choose a Service Plan for furnace, boiler, or central air conditioning system? Consider these great benefits:
- Fewer equipment breakdowns – Having your HVAC equipment repaired be very costly, and the vast majority (about 80 percent) of equipment breakdowns occur due to lack of maintenance and regular inspections. With a service plan, you’ll get that regular maintenance at a fraction of the price of a full breakdown repair or replacement.
- Longer life for your equipment – Replacing an AC or heating system is costly – why do it any earlier than you have to? A great way to extend your equipment’s lifetime is – you guessed it – routine maintenance. Maintenance will prevent overwork and poor equipment function, both of which reduce your equipment’s lifespan.
- Lower energy bills – An overworked or poorly functioning HVAC system will operate inefficiently, which will drive up energy costs. With a service plan, your technician will keep your system working as efficiently as possible to keep your energy costs at a minimum.
- Reduced or covered repairs – If you need repairs for your heating or cooling equipment, most companies – including Oehlert Bros. – offer discounted or covered repairs as part of their service plan.
- Ongoing warrantee coverage – In most cases, routine professional maintenance is required to keep warrantee coverage in place for your home comfort equipment; without professional maintenance (included in your service plan), you run the risk of losing warrantee coverage, which means you’ll pay for any equipment repairs – even those normally covered by warrantee – out of pocket.
All this and priority service, too
One last benefit that a service plan offers – and it’s a big one here in southeastern PA, where heating systems work hard in the winter – is that you get priority service compared to non-service agreement customers. By “skipping the line”, you’ll always be among the first customers to get service restored in the event of weather-related complications. You also won’t pay overtime rates — something that can be really expensive when you need emergency service.
Take care of your heating and cooling equipment with a comprehensive Service Plan from Oehlert Bros. Contact us to learn more about our service plans for your heating oil, natural gas, or air conditioning and heat pump systems, and for heating and cooling maintenance in Montgomery County, PA!