Five Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
Why pay to heat water twice?
That’s the question at the heart of a problem solved by today’s super-efficient tankless water heaters, which heat the water you need – and only the water you need – on demand.
By operating this way, a tankless water heating system enjoys some key advantages over a traditional water tank-based water heater, including:
- Unlimited hot water – With a right-sized tankless water heater, you will never run out of hot water – even if you have several hot water appliances running at once.
- Lower bills – By working only when needed, not using a pilot light, and never having to reheat water that has been sitting in a storage tank in your cold basement, a tankless water heater could cut your monthly bills by as much as 40 percent compared to a conventional electric-powered unit.
- More placement flexibility – Tankless systems can be wall mounted and are about the size of a suitcase, which means you can put them just about anywhere – including closets and crawl spaces.
- Longer equipment life – Because there is no need to store corrosive water, a tankless water heater can last up to twice as long as a conventional water heater.
- More value for your home – A tankless water heater will improve your Home Energy Rating System (HERS) and LEED scores, which means your home will be worth more if you plan to sell it.
Of course tankless systems aren’t for everybody, which is why we also offer high-efficiency water heating options – including indirect water heaters. To learn more about this smart, high-efficiency solution for heating your home and water at the same time, contact us today.
Contact Oehlert Brothers today to learn more about tankless water heaters options for your home and get a FREE estimate on a system that’s right for you!