Is Your Air Conditioner Ready for Next Season?
Say Goodbye to Summer & Hello To Fall With These AC Tips
With summer in the rearview mirror, you may be wondering when is the right time to switch off your AC for the season. The problem is, Mother Nature doesn’t always seem to get the message that the equinox has come and gone. Fall days in eastern Pennsylvania can be brisk or downright toasty – sometimes both on the same day!
The bottom line: it’s a good idea to prep your AC so that it’s in good condition for the next time you need it – whether that means tomorrow or not until next summer. With a dependable heating and cooling system you can trust, there’s no reason for your family to be uncomfortable in your home. You can protect your investment in your family’s comfort all year long with these helpful end-of-season tips.
Air Conditioning End Of Season Checklist
- Stay up-to-date on AC maintenance. Ready your AC for next summer and prevent breakdowns and costly repairs by getting your end-of-season maintenance out of the way now. You’ll want to address any minor problems that developed over the summer as soon as you can. Don’t wait for issues to get worse over the winter.
- Replace weatherstripping, seals, and insulation. Home upgrades like these are easy to complete while it’s still comfortable to work outdoors, so get started before the ice and snow arrive on the scene. You don’t want to skip securing your home’s gaps and cracks, because it can save you lots on your energy bills. That’s because when you prevent temperate air from escaping, and intemperate air from sneaking indoors, your HVAC equipment won’t need to use as much energy to keep your home comfortable.
- Change that clogged air filter. Did you know it actually costs more to push cool air through a dirty air filter? Don’t pay more to circulate dirty air while putting increased strain on your system. Plus, you don’t want your AC marinating in dirt and residue all winter.
- Think about choosing ductless mini-splits. Mini-splits work like a regular air conditioner, but no ductwork is needed. They’re installed through the wall but unlike older wall units, they’re unobtrusive. The side that’s indoors blows the warm air inside the home over cold evaporator coils, then sends that cooled air out into the room. The heat taken from indoors is dumped out of your home through the outside part.
- Upgrade your central air. When you install a new central air conditioning system, your investment pays off in lower energy bills. With a high-efficiency new A/C system, you could save up to 40 percent on your cooling costs. Plus, if you choose an Energy Star–rated central air conditioning system, you may also qualify for a tax credit!
Trustworthy heating & cooling experts you can turn to all year
Our service technicians are trained and experienced, and some have been working with us for more than 20 years. We have a long, proud history of quality work and outstanding service. And we offer fair, transparent, fast, and affordable financing options. Make sure your home can beat the heat year-round!
Contact the experts at Oehlert Bros. today to get started.