Allergy Sufferers: Don’t Suffer, Strategize!
Posted: April 13, 2018
Spring has arrived here in Northeastern PA – great news for Phillies fans, not so great news for those of us with allergies (if you’re both, what can we say – it’s going to be an up and down couple of months for you).
If you’re prone to springtime allergies, don’t settle for suffering – follow these three strategies to keep your springtime allergies under control.
1. Minimize pollen exposure. Try:
- Wearing sunglasses – the eyes are one of pollen’s favorite entry points.
- Reducing the time you spend outdoors –especially during sunrise and sunset, when pollen counts are highest.
- Keeping track of high-pollen days (see #2 below), taking extra precautions if one is forecast.
- Cleaning pollen-carrying clothing when you come in from outdoors; wash your skin and hair also.
- Using indoor racks and clothes dryers for clothing – pollen can stick to sheets, towels, and clothes.
2. If a high pollen day is forecast…
- Minimize your time outdoors – including exercise time.
- Always take allergy medications before your symptoms start.
- Use the air conditioning in your house and car; keep windows and doors closed whenever possible.
3. Protect your indoor air quality. Try:
Keep your allergy suffering at bay this spring with an indoor air quality solution from Oehlert Bros. Contact us today to learn how affordable one can be!